- Why Host?
- What is a Host?
- Hosting Requirements
RULES AND EXPECTATIONS
- BE REALISTIC AND AGE APPROPRIATE IN SETTING RULES FOR YOUR STUDENT.
- Lay out the rules carefully from curfews to expected family times.
- Don't assume that the student will know the way you want things done including:
- - laundry
- - shower times
- - meal time
- - chores
THE STUDENT AS A MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY
- Do not treat the student like a guest, no matter how tempted you are.
- Encourage the student to come to you with any issues or concerns first so that you have a chance to help them solve problems.
- Provide an atmosphere of openness so that a question is welcomed and responded to in your home.
- Communicate plans in advance so that the student can make plans as well. This especially helps if you have set plans for holidays.
- Periodically ask how the student is adjusting to the home and the family.