- Why Host?
- What is a Host?
- Hosting Requirements
From the CSIET 2007 survey of host families» Host family learning experience provided benefits not only culturally but also socially.
» Host families gained a new perspective on its own country and culture from their students.
» Student hosting was especially beneficial in terns of enhancing its own family setting, such as making new extended family, and having more interaction and mutual respect as a family of companies.
» Host families received cultural experiences due to interaction and exposure to other cultures and customs.
When American families host an INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE STUDENT, they are embarking on an unforgettable cultural adventure that will last a lifetime.
Every Family Member will have a Unique Experience
- You and your family will be exploring your differences, discovering surprising similarities, and teaching your new son or daughter about your American values and beliefs.
- Your Family will be seeing the United States through a new pair of eyes of an inquisitive teen, and rediscovering the simple things that we often take for granted a baseball or football game, a community picnic, even window-shopping at the mall!
- Your children will enjoy sharing school, community and family information with an "adopted" brother or sister.
- Each member of your family will learn a lot about themselves as they share their lives with another young person.
What Benefits a Family Receives
- By Enriching, Educating, and Enlightening your family, you will be gaining new insights and a renewed appreciation for different cultures and a step toward a safer world for your children and grandchildren.
A New Understanding as you see the world through the rose colored eyes of your new son or daughter.
A New View brings a renewed interest and pride in your ancestry generated by the excitement brought to you by your new family member.
Interest in Language will inspire your children that learning a new language is easy, fun and careers in an International Business, which once seemed distance, now becomes real and possible in the global world of today.
Lifelong Friends are realized as your new son/daughter say goodbye. Your children now have a new brother or sister across the world. Your exchange student will give you Love, Respect and Pride just as your children do.
Confidence and an Open Mindedness will become more comfortable as your children see their new sister or brother adapt and thrive in a totally foreign situation. Learning how similar we all are helps us to open our minds and hearts toward the new and different.
Allows Family members to visit their new family member experience their culture and customs first hand.
Be a Diplomat by sharing the true American with the world and making the world a safer place for your children and grandchildren. Exchange is America's Number 1 Ambassador for America.