- Why Host?
- What is a Host?
- Hosting Requirements
Student Exchange Helps Individual Participants to:
- Realize an enhanced international perspective
- Gain greater knowledge of the world we live in
- Increase personal maturity
- Improve interpersonal and technical skills
- Reach higher foreign language proficiency
- Demonstrate an overall reluctance to stereotypes and distortions of other cultures
Student Exchange gives a Practical Approach to Peace:
- Promotes Positive Cross-Cultural Contact
- Improves Cross-Cultural Attitudes, Reduces Prejudice, Corrects Stereotypes
- Develops Personal Traits Which Enhance Liking and Respect for Other Cultures
- Enhances Cross-Cultural Skills
- Develops Leadership and International Involvement
ISE, International Student Exchange, opens doors for teens to cross cultural borders. Hosting promotes peace through cross-cultural contact. ISE is making a difference for the world of tomorrow, by breaking down barriers to understanding today.
For Societies and Nations, Student Exchange has also been credited with contributing to:
- Political and economic development
- Foreign policy goal formulation
- Greater governmental sensitivity to other nations' interests
Make a Difference in your School, Community and Family
- In schools the world stage will grow in tolerance, understanding and appreciation for diversity when students befriend EXCHANGE STUDENTS whose backgrounds are very different from their own.
- In your community, worldwide events will take on a new significance when EXCHANGE STUDENTS from countries in the news are in your community and ready to share their perspectives and experiences.
- In schools the language classes will come alive with native accents, colloquialisms and contextual usage. EXCHANGE STUDENTS can clearly show how language and culture are intertwined.
- In your school, History, Social Studies, Government and World Affairs classes will be infused with different cultural perspectives which make discussion an exciting "compare and contrast" exercise.
- In your family, school, and community, Americans will learn more about their own cultural views and how they affect life in the U.S. by exchanging ideas with exchange students.
- In your family, a comparison of one's personal values with those of another may prove to be enlightening.
- In your school, faculty, staff, and students will develop an understanding of the interrelatedness of our lives and will learn to view themselves as world citizens. Just as with HOSTING, this experiential learning LASTS A LIFETIME.
- In your family, exposure to different cultures will grow a deeper appreciation for what they have and for the tremendous challenges facing other nations.
- In your schools, your exchange student will add new dimensions to the activities of your schools' international clubs and organizations.
- In your communities, exchange students bring special talents and skills and are eager to get involved.
- In your family, the "HOSTING EXPERIENCE" will increase involvement in the educational forces related to school activities.