- Why Host?
- What is a Host?
- Hosting Requirements
Hosting an Exchange Student
Hosting a foreign exchange student:
» Builds lasting relationships
» Enhances family time
» Opens doors to opportunities
» Spreads world peace
» PLUS so much more...
» Are 15-18 years old
» Bring spending money
» Want to share cultures
» Speak English
» Have full insurance
Why Be a Host Family?
- To provide your sons/daughters a unique advantage and experience to refer to on applications for employment, college and universities.
- To learn about the customs, traditions, languages and cultures of another country.
- To teach your family to share its love and kindness with others.
- To promote world peace while "educating tomorrow's leaders" here in the U.S., as well as abroad.
- To enrich and enlarge your "immediate family" and community.
- To provide your family, as well as a family in another country, "the experience of a lifetime".
- To make "friends for life" in another country.
Why You Should Host an International Exchange Student
From 2007 INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE STUDENTS
Attending the H.E.L.P. Community Service Project in MS!
- "It's a challenge and adventure but it gives more than it takes. You make a lifelong relationship" Sami
- "They get to know a new person and maybe learn more about their family heritage" Sabrina
- "It's a good experience to share & teach them the real American" Juan
- "Promote fun and rewarding experience for the entire family"
- "They want to learn another Country's culture" Dorothy
- "To experience the different cultures & learn something they didn't expect" Karin
- "Families get to learn about new cultures, food they can experience how they live life" Jeppe
- "Give children a new experience & give your love to others" Sofia
- "Bring their world to you by sharing traditions, meals and conversations everyday with an exchange student"
- "It's nice & generous; it's a fabulous experience for family & student" Victor
- "So they can learn from each other. It's great for the community. We share and are part of the community" Jaun
- "When you host, not only the student benefits but so do you, you get a real daughter or son" Susi
- "Offers a learning experience that can't be copied by school books"
- "It's a great experience for them to have someone in their house" Simon
- "To share with someone from another country" Sara
- "Because they can learn something about our culture" Laura
- "To give young people a great opportunity, exchange of culture" Kevin
- "They wanted to make an experience for their family" Coco
- "They do more things as a family, spend more time together" Benedikte
- "To share things with someone new" Khoa
- "Host families want to know your culture and teach them the American culture" Joe