Why Be A Host Family
Being an Exchange Student Host Family can bring a new perspective to your life. Having someone from another country stay in your home can be a real eye-opener for kids and parents alike. Suddenly you will become more aware of your community and surroundings as your introduce it to somebody that have never experienced it.
Being a host family will:
- Allow your family to experience a new member's culture and customs first hand.
- Teach your family to share its love and kindness with others.
- Provide your sons/daughters a unique advantage and experience to refer to on applications for employment, college and universities.
- Enrich and enlarge your community.
- Allow your Family members to visit their new family member experience their culture and customs first hand.
- Make "friends for life" in another country.
Every Family Member will have a Unique Experience
You and your family will be exploring your differences and discovering surprising similarities. You will be teaching your new son or daughter about your American values and beliefs.
Your family will be the seeing the United States through the eyes of an inquisitive teen. You will rediscover the simple things that we often take for granted such as a baseball game, a community picnic or even window-shopping at the mall.
Your children will enjoy sharing school, community and family information with an "adopted" brother or sister. Each member of your family will learn a lot about themselves as they share their lives with another young person.
To have someone from ISE contact you about hosting, please fill out our contact form.